Kewdale High School
- Principal's Message
- Staff at AIC Kewdale High School
- Parents and Friends
- News and Events
- Campus Handbook
Assalamualikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
Welcome to the Australian Islamic College Kewdale High School site. Through this site you will know about our high school, wonderful students and our strive for our students to achieve high academic excellence with good morals and values.
As a school community we have high expectations for our students that inspire us to equip students with the skills to learn and to adapt in an ever-changing world, at the same time being “lifelong learners”. Our students are independent, confident and determined. They learn to overcome obstacles, strive for personal bests which will enable them to become active citizens in Australia and contribute positively to Australian Community.
Our highly professional and dedicated staff has student learning and welfare as their main goal. They provide purposeful and engaging learning activities which cater for all students. Literacy, numeracy and ICT have been integrated across all Learning Areas. Our school has a library, computer labs, well equipped science labs, and our class rooms are, equipped with interactive whiteboards, computers or laptops, teachers have access to iPad, surface pro and that reflect the technological world of today.
At the Australian Islamic College Islamic values are the back-bone of all Learning and Teaching. Values based education strengthen students’ self-esteem, commitment to personal fulfilment and help students exercise ethical judgement and social responsibility. Parents expect that school help and support students develop personal and social responsibilities.
We focus on Positive Behavior for Learning, teaching and counseling students the behavior expectations and our Behaviour Management Team provides quality pastoral care to ensure that students are supported to achieve their goals.
We strongly believe that the communication between students, teachers and parents are vital to best support and develop each student as an individual. We provide a caring and dynamic learning environment where all students can achieve their potential. This can only occur when we have strong partnerships with parents and across our community. AIC parents portal provides parents easy access to their children’s progress reports, class work and home work activities given by teachers, timetable etc. Teachers can also send email to parents about students’ achievement, concerns, test dates, homework, class works etc.
Choosing a school is an investment for your children’s future and one of the most challenging and difficult decision a parent needs to make. I warmly welcome you to visit our website which I hope will give you lot of information about our school and the community. Of course, this website cannot take the place of visiting our college. I again warmly welcome you to visit our college by contacting us, and find out for yourself what opportunities we offer for students to explore, experience, learn and become the very best person they can.
I look forward to meeting and working with your children and family. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any query.
Mrs Khurshida Islam
Staff at AIC Kewdale High School
I- Administration Staff
- Br Abdullah Khan – Executive Principal
- Sr Khurshida Islam – Principal
- Sr Rana Al Baghdadi – Deputy Principal (Year 10-12)
- Sr Toni Pikos Sallie – Deputy Principal (Year 7-9)
- Sr Rashida Hafeez – Business Manager
- Sh Wael Ibrahim – School Chaplain
II- Head of Learning Areas
- English – Sr Kholoud Swayed
- Math – Sr Meenu Sood
- Science – Sr Gulnaz Rizvi
- HASS – Br Tengu Shahrul Shah
- Technologies – Sr Sehrish Chaalni
- Health and Physical Education – TBA
- Islamic Studies – Sh Wael Ibrahim
- Arabic – Dr Moyad Abdurrahman
III- Pastoral Coordinators
- Year 7 & 8 Boys Br Mohammad Shady
- Year 7 & 8 Girls Sr Hissen Marouff
- Year 9 & 10 Boys Br Mohamad Khan
- Year 9 & 10 Girls Sr Suzanne Matara
- Year 11 & 12 Boys Sh Abdirahman Mohammad
- Year 11 & 12 Girls Sr Rahat Rizvi
IV- Supporting Staff
- Front office and Central office Admin staff
- Library staff
- Laboratory staff
- Canteen staff
- Teacher assistants for helping and supporting special need students.
V- Teaching Staff
The college’s success in achieving its educational objectives relies on its continuing ability to recruit appropriately experienced and highly qualified teachers. In addition, the college places great emphasis on effective learning with small teacher/student ratios through remedial classes on need basis to ensure more individual attention. Staff come from different religious denominations and is appointed on the basis of their teaching ability and willingness to contribute to a learning environment based on the principles of Islam, which are;
- To assist students to achieve success in this life and the hereafter.
- To help develop the entire individual through obedience to Allah swt.
- Staff members understand that education and religion are interdependent and appreciate in fostering an environment to facilitate high academic achievement on an Allah-conscious basis.
- Our professional, enthusiastic and highly experienced teachers provide a range of exciting learning opportunities that engage, motivate and inspire students to excel. Their strong curriculum knowledge is supported by a whole school pedagogy that promotes high aspirations, excellence and respect.
- Teachers encourage students to have high aspirations, to strive for excellence in all pursuits, and to demonstrate respect for self, others and the environment.
- Our teachers motivate, encourage, set challenging goals, communicate with parents, and expect high standards to encourage high aspirations for all students.
- Teachers believe every student has the ability to succeed and provide range of opportunities to strive for excellence in all endeavours.
- Teachers encourage students to respect for self, others and the environment.
- Teachers provide a calm, safe and respectful environment for the students accepting individual student differences.
- Our teachers personally model respect, punctuality, high standards of dress and demeanour.
- Our teachers are caring, fair, just and self-reflective practitioners.
Kewdale High School – Parents & Friends
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu
Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings
The ‘Parents & Friends’ is open to all parents and friends of the Australian Islamic College Kewdale High School community.
P&F meetings are a great place to find out what is happening in the school, gain a better understanding about school policies and activities, make a comment, raise a concern or ask a question, and get to know other parents in our school community.
At AIC Kewdale High School, the P&F and the school have a very close and positive relationship. The P&F is one avenue you may like to explore to support the school in making AIC High School an even better place for your children and our students.
At AIC Kewdale High school the aim of P & F is to:
- Connect with each other socially and with the school
- Contribute to their children school activities
- Create opportunities to get together and be involved in the school community
- Build and strengthen community spirit and enhance communication within our family involvement in the AIC School community.
- Exchange ideas on current issues
- Give back through volunteering time and expertise
- Promote a positive learning and social environment;
- Act as a liaison between the school and parents;
- Support Class Representatives;
- Provide a forum for parents to find out what is happening and what is planned for the school;
- Raise funds to provide services, facilities and equipment for the school;
- Support school services including the Uniform shop, School canteen and school vegetable garden
- Supporting school graduation
- Provide support and advice to the Principal and Executive team;
Any parent/carer is welcome to participate as a member of the P&F. Nominations take place annually at the P&F Annual General Meeting. All parents, staff and any other members of the school community are welcome to attend the meetings.
Parents can come to the classroom to assist with activities like reading, art, Physical Education and many other things. Parents can involve in the curriculum and learning and teaching at the school by
- participation in discussions about these areas
- attending parent information sessions organised by the school
- attending parents meeting held once per term
- individual appointment with the teachers
- attending workshops e.g. social media, better parenting, managing challenging children etc. by external speakers organised by school.
Parents can share this information with the whole school community and can build on this by asking those parents who have little or no involvement to get involved in one of these areas and thereby building a school community that is active and involved.
News and events
- Parent-student information sessions
- ACER diagnostic tests
- ICAS tests for English, Math, Science and Computing skills
- Online Literacy Numeracy Assessment (OLNA)
- Parents teachers meetings
- Year 10-12 Career Info sessions
- Year 8 immunisation
- Harmony day celebration
- Seerah Week
- Interfaith dialogue with other public, independent and catholic schools
- Volunteer Task Force
- Reward excursions
- Literacy/Numeracy and Science weeks
- UWA Broadway Medicine and Dentistry workshop
- UWA Fairway workshops for Year 11 students
- Visit to Universities, Police Academy etc. for information about career choice
- After hour and holiday tuition for Literacy/Numeracy support, Year 10-11 courses and Year 12 WACE preparation.
- Weekly motivational sessions
- Extracurricular activities (net ball, soccer, basketball, poetry completion, photography competition, choose math competition etc.)
- Art, woodwork, material design exhibition
- Fund raising activities
- Community Iftar event
- Anzac Day celebration
- Seerah Week
- Quran Competition
- Sports Carnival
- Orientation programs for Year 6 Kewdale Primary, Year 7 boys and Year 10 girls from Thornlie and Dianella campuses.
- Year 12 Formal Dinner
- Year 12 graduation
- Year 7-11 award giving ceremony