Parents & Friends - Kewdale
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu
Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings
Overview of the AIC Kewdale Parents & Friends Association
The Australian Islamic College (Kewdale) Parents and Friends Association (P&F) insha’Allah offers parents the opportunity to get involved and support the school in improving the facilities and services at the school. In the past, alhamdulillah, the P&F has been responsible for such improvements as the Wudu taps outside the Primary Prayer Room, introduction of the Foodbank Breakfast Program and the Application for a Traffic Warden on Orrong Road.
The Main Aim of the P&F Association is to:
Develop a sense of community with parents, teachers and students, which works together to deliver the best academic outcomes for our children within an Islamic environment.
We intend to achieve this insha’Allah by:
- Working closely with the school, and in particular with the school Principal, to achieve common goals;
- Ensuring that a high level of social and educational interaction exists between home and school, parents and teachers;
- Providing a healthy forum for ideas and discussion on any relevant issue that will benefit the Islam and education of our children;
- Allowing the accurate representation of the views and expectations of the parents and friends of AIC Kewdale;
- Endeavouring to have all parents enjoy the exciting experience of their children’s education, by active participation and personal involvement in the school programs;
- Assisting in the planning and organization of functions associated with the social, sporting and education life of the school community;
- Fundraising and working to provide additional resources which are considered of benefit to the student body or to assist the teachers in their professional work.
All parents are automatically members of the P&F body upon enrollment of their child/children at the AIC Kewdale campus. Additionally any member of the community who is interested in contributing to the P&F may also apply to be a member.
For all members there is a compulsory yearly P&F levy of $20 per family due at the commencement of each new school year.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the P&F is held each year in March.
At this meeting the Executive Committee Members are elected by the P&F parent body. The members of the Executive Committee select, from amongst those elected, a P&F representative for the school board.
Alhamdulillah the current Executive Committee Members for 2015 are:
|Vice-Chairperson & P&F Board Representative||Ayse Beck|
|General Executive Committee Members||Furqan Ahmed|
WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THE SCHOOL?
The AIC Kewdale College P&F Association meets in the front Office Staffroom, held on a monthly basis.
JOIN us at our meetings. The next meeting is scheduled for:
To be advised.
The meetings provide parents with a forum to raise any issues which they may have and to discuss planned social and fundraising activities.
Parents are also welcome to contact a member of the committee to put forward their ideas. We welcome your input and assistance in helping to achieve the P&F aims insha’Allah.
To be added to the emailing list for meeting dates please email P&F Kewdale
Some of the current activities, programs or initiatives that the P&F are involved in are:
Each Thursday, a free breakfast is organized by the P&F to encourage the children to eat healthy and not skip the most important meal of the day, breakfast. We are always happy to have new parents join us in preparing and serving each week. Come and join in.
Location- Primary School Staff Room, 9am-11am every Thursday.
If you would like more information or would like to be a part of this dynamic group of parents, please contact P&F Kewdale
The Parents & Friends Association is a valuable contributor to the future and environment of the AIC College.