COUNSELING SERVICE – KEWDALE HIGH SCHOOL
A professional Islamic Scholar Sh Wael Ibrahim has been appointed as Head of Learning Area Islamic Studies to work with the Principal, Deputy Principals, Year Coordinators to provide wide range of student well being support in areas of
- Perosonal development
- Anti harrasment and anti-bullying education
- Emotional well being
- Drug Education
- Safe and ethical use of Social media
Counselling generally conducted by referral from the Coordinators, Deputy Principals or the Principal on one-on-one basis with follow up sessions later on. Students can also have access to the Counsellor if they feel they need to talk for some reasons. Parents can also ask for counselling.
- Every Thursday by Sh Wael in assembly – whole school
- Every Wednesday Period One – very engaging motivational session by Sh Wael on a theme for each year group boys or girls
Health and Physical Education (HPE) Studies
Health and Physical Education (HPE) Studies is compulsory for Year 7 to 10. The following very sensitive topics are included in HPE and students must be taught.
- Social changes associated with puberty/Different cultural reactions to transition of adulthood.
- Sexual identities & body image.
- Alcohol & Drugs.
We deliver these content in a workshop/counselling style lessons by our experienced Islamic studies teachers. Male teachers teach male students and female teachers teach female students to cover the contents throughout the year under Islamic guidelines. We use a theme each term to be promoted, emphasized and may include in Jum’ah Khutbahs.