Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
Peace and blessings be upon you all.
Welcome to our school website, the Australian Islamic College – Thornlie Campus.
This website gives you information about our school – its ethos, curriculum, staff members, students, school policies, Parents & Friends Association and school activities and events trough out the year.
Our school strives for academic excellence underpinned by strong moral values that gives them an understanding of the purpose of their learning. At our school, we have high expectations for our students. Our objective is to develop students’ skills that will enable them, as god-fearing people, to live successfully and as a good citizens who contribute positively and significantly to the betterment of society.
The staff at our school are highly professional, hard-working, motivated and dedicated in ensuring the effectiveness of teaching and learning. In addition, the welfare and wellbeing of our students are a top priority. Our school delivers a curriculum which is in accordance to SCASA. We create meaningful learning activities that are catered to all students and their abilities. ICT is integrated across the curriculum. We have a school library with a teacher librarian who is very dedicated to encouraging and developing students’ love of reading to improve their literacy skills through the “Accelerated Reading” Program. We have an I.T Lab with an I.T specialist who is committed to teaching our students and developing their I.T. skills. All our classrooms are equipped with Interactive Whiteboards, computers, laptops and iPads that that are regularly updated with the latest technology. Other resources, such as instant access to information via the internet, further enhance the teaching and learning experience.
All students have the right to learn safely and successfully. Supporting students to achieve their greatest potential, positive reinforcement has an important role in nurturing students’ behaviour in our school. Quality pastoral care is provided by our behaviour management team and school counsellor. A “You Can Do It” program delivered in the health lessons help students to achieve success through five strands of skills, which are confidence, organisation, resilience, persistence and getting along (Five Keys of Success).
One of the many factors that play a significant role in achievement educational goal is effective communication and between students, teachers and parents. A strong collaboration and partnership between school and home – teachers and parents will be of great support of goal achievement. Teachers, school management and parents have the same core interest, which is students’ success. Parents are strongly encouraged to use the ‘Parent Portal’ for a easy access to their children’s progress report and information on other school activities and school related matters.
One of the most difficult decisions that parents must make is to select a school for their children. You secure your children’s future by selecting our school. Please visit our website to gain information about our school. You are also welcome visit our school directly to see what our school offers for your children’s education and their future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries by making an appointment with the front office. Meeting and working together with you and your children would be our greatest pleasure.
Mrs Endah Hayes
Staff at AIC Thornlie Campus
I- Administration Staff
- Br Abdullah Khan – Executive Principal
- Mrs Endah Hayes – Principal
- Mrs Kayann Abrahams – Curriculum Coordinator
- Sr Genevieve Daniels – Early Childhood Coordinator
- Mr Bahaa Bannani – OHS Coordinator
- Sr Likaa Abdul Rahman – Newsletter and Inclusive Education Coordinator
- Sr Rahnuma Nasrin – STEM Coordinator
- Sh Salmaan Parkar – Quran and Arabic Coordinator
- Sr Sibel Bennett – High School Behaviour and Islamic Studies Coordinator
II- Teaching Staff
Our school delivers quality education which is underpinned by strong moral values. This determines the way our school recruits teachers.
At our school, teachers are highly qualified and experienced, and are highly motivated, committed and dedicated. Teachers are registered with Teaching Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA) and hold Working with Children Check (WWC).
Some of our school’s strengths are as follows.
- Unity and collaboration among all teaching staff in creating a positive Islamic values-based learning environment for our students.
- Teachers are passionate about teaching our students to achieve success in this life and in the Here-After.
- The relationship between education and religion is inseparable. Our highly qualified and experienced teachers have a vast knowledge of curriculum, current best practice and school pedagogy. They place a great emphasis on creating a learning environment that fosters moral values and high academic excellence.
- Teachers believe that every student has the potential to succeed and they provide students with dynamic and exciting learning opportunities that ensure their full engagement and participation to excel.
- Teachers respect differences in students and ensure inclusiveness.
- Teachers are understanding, caring, just and fair.
- Teachers are good role models and display good disposition for our students.
- A remedial teacher works one-to-one with a small group of students to support the class teachers to improve students’ learning performance.
- Educational Assistants work with small groups of students and support students with special needs.
AIC Thornlie Campus – Parents & Friends
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu
Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings
The ‘Parents & Friends’ is open to all parents and friends of the Australian Islamic College Thornlie Campus community.
P&F meetings are a great place to find out what is happening in the school, gain a better understanding about school policies and activities, make a comment, raise a concern or ask a question, and get to know other parents in our school community.
At AIC Thornlie Campus, the P&F and the school have a very close and positive relationship. The P&F is one avenue you may like to explore to support the school in making AIC Thornlie Campus an even better place for your children and our students.
At AIC Thornlie Campus the aim of P & F is to:
- Connect with each other socially and with the school
- Contribute to their children school activities
- Create opportunities to get together and be involved in the school community
- Build and strengthen community spirit and enhance communication within our family involvement in the AIC School community.
- Exchange ideas on current issues
- Give back through volunteering time and expertise
- Promote a positive learning and social environment;
- Act as a liaison between the school and parents;
- Support Class Representatives;
- Provide a forum for parents to find out what is happening and what is planned for the school;
- Raise funds to provide services, facilities and equipment for the school;
- Support school services including the Uniform shop, School canteen and school vegetable garden
- Supporting school graduation
- Provide support and advice to the Principal and Executive team;
Any parent/carer is welcome to participate as a member of the P&F. Nominations take place annually at the P&F Annual General Meeting. All parents, staff and any other members of the school community are welcome to attend the meetings.
Parents can come to the classroom to assist with activities like reading, art, Physical Education and many other things. Parents can involve in the curriculum and learning and teaching at the school by
- participation in discussions about these areas
- attending parent information sessions organised by the school
- attending parents meeting held once per term
- individual appointment with the teachers
- attending workshops e.g. social media, better parenting, managing challenging children etc. by external speakers organised by school.
Parents can share this information with the whole school community and can build on this by asking those parents who have little or no involvement to get involved in one of these areas and thereby building a school community that is active and involved.
News and events
School Annual Events – Thornlie Campus
Our school is a very busy and dynamic place of learning and activities. The school annual events are: (dates to be advised later)
- ICAS in Computing Skills, Science, English, Spelling, Writing and Maths
- ACER Diagnostic Testing
- Mid-term and End-of-term Testing, Student Portfolio and Semester Reports
- Harmony Day Celebration
- Eid Celebration
- Literacy and Numeracy Week
- Quran & Islamic Studies Competition
- School Breakfast for students
- Sport carnivals
- Extra-curricular activities – during and after school
- Swimming lessons
- Class Assembly Presentations
- Seerah Week
- Graduation Ceremonies
- Kindy Orientation Day
- Pre-Primary Information Session
- Excursions and Incursions
- Fundraising Activities