23 June 2022

Assalamu Alakum

Dear parents and guardians, staff and the wider community

I hope this message finds you in the best of health and Iman in sha Allah. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff, parents and teachers for their continual efforts and initiatives to make our school a home and a place where students feel a sense of belonging. I would like to highlight some of the wonderful activities.

School events

• School life this term has been tremendously full of wonder and excitement. This term, the school has engaged in wonderful activities such as the fun run around Tomato lake, sausage sizzle, pizza day orders and a leadership ceremony where students took the oath of leadership as well as the Kindy and Pre-primary sport carnivals. We have had 2 competitions this term in the areas of religious instruction. One was a Sunnah competition during Ramadan where students engaged in doing as many good deeds as possible and a Quran recitation contest where Kewdale Primary took 5 out of 6 first place positions. We were so incredibly proud of the students and their teachers that helped assist the students to develop in their Quran recitation. The highlight of the term is where the students had an Eid day festival at Kewdale primary. The students indulged in a beautiful day of fun and wonder to help celebrate the Eid festivities.

I would also like to shed light on some important items that I would kindly request all parents to reminded of:

1. Punctuality
  • It is critical for students to be on school grounds from 8:00 am- 8:20 am. Students need to be on time to start the day off with the recitation of Allah’s names, his book and daily supplications that provide students the best opportunity to start their day on the right foot.
  • Also, the reading lesson is the first lesson of the day. If students come late, they miss out on one of the most crucial part of Instruction which the school has implemented starting from 8:30 am. So please have your children arrive on time so they do not miss out on important announcements and instruction time.
  1. Uniform
  • Now that wintertime is here, I want to see all students take pride and honour in their daily presentation of their uniform including solid black school shoes. School jackets are part of the uniform and students must come to school in the correct uniform. Students need to make sure a clean and tidy uniform is presented daily.  I would like to thank all the parents who send their students to school every day with a high standard of presentation every day.

I hope in sha Allah the future is bright and fruitful for you, your families, and your loved ones.  I hope to see you all real soon inshaAllah.                                                

Zana Hassan

Deputy Principal

Kewdale Primary